Author Topic: UK Frame collection at resonable price, who to use?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
Re: UK Frame collection at resonable price, who to use?
« Reply #15 on: 02.01. 2015 00:55 »
A  lot of replies and I didn't read them all, but.... Here in the USA, large items are far cheaper to ship on Greyhound (passenger bus line) than by FedEX, UPS, USPS, etc. May be worth a look.

Offline Asd1956

• New
« Reply #16 on: 02.11. 2018 09:17 »
Hi Rachel, I am Andrew Darling, Jim's nephew. Adam, one of Jim's younger brothers was my father. I don't know if you've heard from other members of the family but I have an ariel photo of the garage from the 70's that I believe was taken by Jim from his plane and a photo of Jim racing. I met your Grandad in the 60's but I don't remember too much about him other than the fact he gave me a sweet and used to live in the cottage on the left hand side of the Garage. Jim's older brother Tom moved into the cottage later on with his family. My cousins may well have photos of the cottage?  I worked at the garage briefly when I was older. If you would like a copy of the photo please let me know.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 02.11. 2018 09:55 »

Hi Adam, and welcome...as you can see, Rachel hasn't been back for a while so not sure if she still reads but as you seem to be related, maybe worth sending her a PM ...those photos sound interesting though- the forum *loves* pics.. *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia