Author Topic: 1952 plunger A 10  (Read 1062 times)

Offline anjimehra

• Valued Contributor
    • venture on wheels
1952 plunger A 10
« on: 08.12. 2009 05:47 »
Hi Guys
Need a little help with the gearbox:
Cant locate the Clutch thrust washer abutment ring, Part No. 67 3251, amongst the gear box parts & can only asume that it was never there OR has been misplaced. I believe it is in 2 parts.
Can anybody please send me the dimensions & details of installation so that I can make one here in Pune

The newly made bend pipes & silencers have gone for plating & hope to start the bike once they are back & the clutch installed.
Will post a few more photos of the "Job in Progress "

Thanks

Anji

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: 1952 plunger A 10
« Reply #1 on: 08.12. 2009 07:38 »
Anji,

Sorry I can't help with the dimensions, but I was able to locate three distributors who apparently have inventory of the part:

www.britishonly.com (USA)
www.britishspares.com (New Zealand)
www.vintage-motorcycle.com (Austria, with a pretty good photo of the part)

Maybe you already know the part can be had and you just can't wait, but if this helps, great.

Richard L.

Offline anjimehra

• Valued Contributor
    • venture on wheels
« Reply #2 on: 08.12. 2009 15:32 »
Hi Richard
Thanks a ton for your quick response. I tried contacting the dealers mentioned in your mail, but getting things into India is painfully slow. As Iam in a hurry to get the bike started, I have taken the measurements from the shaft & ythrust washer & am going to make it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed !!!!!!. Will keep you posted on the success / failure of the attempt
Take care & ride safe
Anji

Offline anjimehra

• Valued Contributor
    • venture on wheels
« Reply #3 on: 26.12. 2009 13:14 »
Hi Richard
Made the thrust washer & it is now on the bike. Couldnt get any spring shrouds for the rear plunger assembly, so back to the w/shop & we had them fabricated.

Take care
Anji

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 26.12. 2009 23:38 »
Anji,

About 10" of snow today in the Chicago area, so, no riding likely. The bike is apart anyway for the inevitable winter repairs and modifications. I changed from a 21t to 22t engine sprocket to move the sweet spot up to a higher speed. I probabaly would have gone to 23t, but 22 is what I had and I figured I'd give it a try. I had forgotten how may nuts and bolts must be loosened to get the two chains to the correct tension, not to mention aquiring the correct chain links for the just-right length. Next, valves and valve guides.

Anyway,good to hear of your progress. That must be a very nice shop you have there. I think I can speak for everyone in saying we all look forward to new pics. I would especially like to see pics of this bike in one of your remote tour locales.

Happy new year,

Ricahrd L.