Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 130213 times)

Online BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #1275 on: 19.07. 2020 19:08 »

A chap in a fast car asked me today how well the brakes work and i said that they were more hope than effect. Well done GB if yours work well. If we go on a ride out i'll have to lead to avoid a rear end shunt. Think my clutch slips a bit when i give it plenty of throttle, prob a way to keep my speeds to a safer level. Bergs that rotten tooth thing is the worst! always say the top three pains are headache, toothache and earache. Haven't seen my dentist for a year now so things can't be that bad for me at mo. Just a loose crown with rot under. Wish they would just pull the bugger out, i can live with the gap. Think they keep them sometimes as a money maker. Yep big sympathies to you i reckon i could commit murder when mine get bad.
 *computer* *countdown* *sick* *wave*

Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #1276 on: 19.07. 2020 19:17 »
Think I could live with poor eyesight too when recently experiencing the pain of my wife's bill from the optician for £463 *eek* *eek* *eek*  Don't go to the dentist unless I'm in pain - would accept them being pulled as it's way cheaper than getting crowns.  That said, you could always wait until you need a few crowns and pay the £200 odd quid for a course rather than a one-off (at least that's the way I think it works). *dunno* *dunno* *pull hair out* *pull hair out* *sick* *bash* *doubt*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1277 on: 19.07. 2020 19:41 »
... dentist again last week but they can't drill  apparently...
Is that down to Covid-19?
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #1278 on: 19.07. 2020 21:32 »
G'day Fellas.
Although not on a BSA I had my first decent ride on the Rhonda yesterday since NYE. A 500Km round trip to Tarago to meet up with my old club from Shoalhaven. It was -2C when I went out to check her over but warmed up to +2 by the time I left, minus the wind chill at 100 - 120KPH  *eek*
I now know that in winter that's about my limit for a days riding.
I did say sorry to the girls (BSA's) and promised to take them out soon.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #1279 on: 19.07. 2020 22:38 »
That's pretty hardcore Musky! Riding at that speed in that temp for that distance! My fingers are clawing up just thinking about it.
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #1280 on: 19.07. 2020 23:23 »
yes greybeard covid not even allowed to swill or spit but you can drink some water *bash*

beezermacc

« Reply #1281 on: 20.07. 2020 08:48 »
I had a great run out with a few mates. We went to Chester Lakes for their regular vintage and unusual vehicle meet. I took the trusty old 1958 Golden Flash which I've been using for over 15 years and, as usual, she just purred along. We stopped at J&S Motorcycles on the way home and the car park was full. Everything felt very much 'back to normal' but that worries me. I don't think people are being careful enough, including myself as it is so easy to forget the situation when things seem normal.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1282 on: 20.07. 2020 09:02 »
yes greybeard covid not even allowed to swill or spit but you can drink some water *bash*
I lost a large filling during lockdown. It's not painful but rough for my tongue. I need to see the dentist.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1283 on: 20.07. 2020 09:52 »
I lost a large filling during lockdown.

Ditto and since a bit more of the shell has broken off, thought it was a bit of grizzle just managed to stop giving it another chomp or it could of been another tooth cracked
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1284 on: 20.07. 2020 09:56 »
I lost a large filling during lockdown.

Ditto and since a bit more of the shell has broken off, thought it was a bit of grizzle just managed to stop giving it another chomp or it could of been another tooth cracked
A bad design, human teeth, like the A10 rocker box!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1285 on: 20.07. 2020 10:47 »
When I was despatch riding, I remember going out at -10C without the chill factor. *eek* *eek*  Originally, I had no fairing or screen, but relented later on and got a screen and some handlebar muffs.  Found that the muffs blew into the clutch and brake levers at speed (XS750), so adapted some motocross hand protectors and put the muffs over the top of them - worked a treat.

Biggest day was a double trip to London, on a Friday, bucketing it down with rain.  Had already been from Birmingham to Heathrow via Leicester.  Got back to the office at about 4.30 pm and was sent to a private address in South Norwood, London.  Got stopped by the Police for undertaking and was threatened with a dangerous driving rap from the 'good cop, bad cop' routine.  They let me off and I got back home at around 12.30am having covered around 550 odd miles - I was very tired!

Prior to that, our family had a rural newsagents where the papers had to be delivered to farms, etc.  If the papers came, you had to deliver.  Ice, snow, rain, we had it all.  The worst surface to ride a bike on (YB100) was when it snowed heavily, partially melted then refrozen after several farm vehicles had driven over it.  It would then snow again on the ice leaving your teeth (sorry Berger) rattling in your mouth when you rode over it.  That little YB100 was almost indestructable - superb little bike.
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1286 on: 20.07. 2020 11:21 »
I also worked as a courier for 6 winter months, riding between Norfolk and London every day. I covered 1000 miles a week on a Honda 500 Four. My knees have never been the same!  *sad2*
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1287 on: 20.07. 2020 12:12 »
A bad design, human teeth, like the A10 rocker box!

Yes and trying to push a bit of that temporary filling stuff into a tooth - similar to locating pushrods into tappets
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #1288 on: 21.07. 2020 13:45 »
nothing again, but dentist got all space craft gear on and took THREE!!! *eek* teeth out. had one out last week as well. he also did 3 fillings while having the space craft gear on so they can do it at a push. been telling him for years to get rid of those teeth and as someone has mentioned it must be no capital to be made after the teeth are no more. I will have to see what tomorrow brings I really need to try out the smaller carb pilot jet, more and more obstacles seem to get in the way of me enjoying the bike nowadays , and I haven't even been to the pub for a black&tan *beer* for over FOUR months *pull hair out* . rant over feeling sorry for myself *lol*

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1289 on: 21.07. 2020 14:01 »
Feel for you Berger mate. *sad2*

Haven't the energy to get out as much as I want to as I'm still trying to cope with the wife's horrendous mood swings.  One minute she's fine, the next is questioning everything about our relationship from past, present and future perspectives - I feel knackered from the stress of it all.  I guess I saw it coming, but I still wasn't prepared for it.  To be honest, it isn't about me, it seems more about a self-evaluation of her own life and all I can do is take the comments and support her through it - NOT easy.  *eek* *eek*  I reckon I have to be philosophical about it and help her to find the answers she's looking for - still shakes you up when you don't know where it's heading.

So, post virus, I'm still having up and down days - will be heartily glad to see the back of 2020.  Guess that's life. :! :!

Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250