Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 130371 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #1290 on: 21.07. 2020 14:11 »
All the best Wortluck - wish there was an emoji for support without words as it's difficult to say much without risking saying something crass
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Black Sheep

• Wise & Enlightened
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #1291 on: 21.07. 2020 14:31 »
Gosh wortluck. Had the same with my mother at menopause - except it went on for a suspiciously long number of years, long after it should all have settled.
Fantastically fortunate with my wife. Didn't notice a single mood swing. She was just pleased to dispense with a lode of tampons in the bottom of every bag and pocket.  *whistle*
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1292 on: 21.07. 2020 14:55 »
Know where you’re coming from, Worthluck.
My partner is always criticising and every mistake she makes is always someone else’s fault. Not interested in anyone or anything except herself.
Like yesterday when I got up at 5.00am to do a job out of the heat of the day and she came down whilst I was having breakfast simply to aggravate me. I complained and now we’re not talking again. All my fault, of course. In her case, the problem is an over-emotional reaction to the deaths of close family members. I don’t need the stress and this nonsense is affecting her health as well.

Hope life looks up for you soon.
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1293 on: 21.07. 2020 16:55 »
All the best Wortluck - wish there was an emoji for support without words as it's difficult to say much without risking saying something crass
Facebook recently added a 'Caring' emoji.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #1294 on: 21.07. 2020 18:48 »
As I said before, you guys are gems *good3* *good3* *good3*

It's nice to know I'm not alone even though I know I'm not.  RDfella - oh yeah, seeing it clearly; Black Sheep's mother - God, I hope not years; Bill, whatever you say I know you wouldn't intend crass anyway.

At present, it feels like I'm treading on eggshells trying to protect her feelings.  The trick is trying to understand what works and what doesn't.  Flipping between 'all is good' and 'I don't know how I feel about you' to 'I need time alone' to 'I need you to do more things with me' is a mixed message nightmare.  The only way that I can retain some semblance of sanity is to know I'm doing my best for her and to tell her so.  Whatever she decides to do after that I can't really have any say in.  I guess my worry is to see her drift off into an even worse place then realise that she's gone from frying pan to fire *eek* *eek* - I'm not really the 'frying pan' by the way *smile*

At least the A10 is mostly predictable :! *pull hair out* *pull hair out* *bash* *fight* *conf2* *spider* *spider*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #1295 on: 21.07. 2020 20:19 »
G'day Fellas.
Whilst I feel your pains and frustration (I have a list as long as your arm). We are wandering WAY off topic by about 20 replies.
"Members Chat" would be the best place for non bike related problems.
Cheers
ps: Teeth, I have 5 broken off at gum level, 2 more about to, so that leaves me with ONE! But I have the best wife in the world!
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1296 on: 22.07. 2020 11:24 »
You're right Musky, a lot of 'drift' on this.

I was going to say a mad wife prevented me from doing anything with my bike today, but that would belong to the 'What prevented you from working on your bike today' thread  *smile* *smile* *smile* *whistle* *whistle* *whistle*

Seriously though, you wouldn't consider a wife exchange by any chance - to give an old mate a break? :o *dunno* ;D :-\ *dunno2* *beer* *fight* *good3* *conf2* *doubt*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #1297 on: 22.07. 2020 15:46 »
Took the day off due to genuine bad back. Got bored with household chores so blasted off into Wales for a spirit lifting long distance picnic run Had a mint ride and managed to pootle for the first half at least due to no speedo cable. Short sad story is i was playing with it recently having fixed it rather excellently. Forgot to plug it back into speedo and sailed off down the road. Eventually looked at speedo, thought "oh dear" pulled over to discover the end of cable and threaded cup had been ground down quite efficiently, Cough. Hence i felt the need to pootle today when unable to find a vehicle to follow for legal road speeds. Got into the swing of things on the way back and opened her up a bit. Love this bike at mo, she runs and runs.  *countdown* *bright idea* *good3* *beer* *wave*
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Offline Bess

• Moving Up
« Reply #1298 on: 22.07. 2020 19:28 »
Hi,
    An evening in Widecombe-in-the-moor dodging the cowpats:

https://www.widecombe-in-the-moor.com/

Best wishes...

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1299 on: 22.07. 2020 20:22 »
I'd be more worried about that pillar landing on the bike (followed by half the roof .....
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #1300 on: 22.07. 2020 21:38 »
Bess, that bike looks well tidy, nicely personalised.
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

beezermacc

« Reply #1301 on: 23.07. 2020 20:38 »
Working on my next project. Last week I took all the cycle parts to be powder coated so they should be ready next week. Today I've fitted the inner timing cover to the engine. I fitted a new spindle to the idle pinion and a new bush in the timing cover - happy days!. I use allen screws to hold the timing cover on and I remembered to fit the dynamo strap before tightening the cover up. I skimmed the head down on a stainless screw for the dynamo strap fixing and used a bit of grease on the threads. This evening I took the trusty A10 out and met a couple of mates at the regular Thursday night get together at the Swettenham Arms. They used to do free sausages for blokes who turned up on classic bikes but that seems to have stopped so I'll give them one more chance next week! Tomorrow I plan to build a 12v dynamo  and a magneto for the project engine. If I succeed to get both done in the day I'll put pics on the board, if I fail you won't hear from me!

beezermacc

« Reply #1302 on: 24.07. 2020 16:41 »
See previous post.
Nobody likes a smug g*t, so at the risk of being unpopular.......

I still need to make some special nuts for the mag as I've opted for one with a kill button on the cover and the existing nuts are inaccessible so I'll make some long brass things with knurled ends.

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1303 on: 24.07. 2020 17:20 »
Too smart for me Beezermacc *respect*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1304 on: 24.07. 2020 20:15 »
Yesterday (son absent) I thought I’d try and start the project. Fresh petrol, waited for carbs to fill, pulled in front cyl decompressor and got myself ready on the kickstart. Having psyched myself up, I launched myself on the lever. It went down about an inch and sprang back. You’d think I was trying to start a single-cylinder diesel of massive capacity. Now this bike starts straight away on the rollers, but on the kickstart (which I’d already lengthened by 3 inches) no chance.
Clearly it’s going to need an electric start if I’m ever going to ride it. Now I’ve pondered this for a while, so at last I’ve ordered a starter motor (as fitted to a Firestorm, another short-stroke, high compression 1 litre engine). When it arrives, the thinking cap will need overdrive sorting out how (if it’s even possible) it can be achieved. At present I’m thinking a worm drive would give the most compact reduction and allow me to mount the motor along the top of the primary drive (can’t put it in front of the motor in the usual position, as the front cylinder is in the way).